Contributors

Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Talking about Tragedy

Good Morning Everyone-

I wanted to let you know that I am taking my lead about talking about the events that transpired at Sandy Hook Elementary School from the children.  I know that some of the class has been shielded from the details of this horrific event, while some have been told about it.  Please know that when we met in our daily circle yesterday morning, the topic did not come up, so we moved on with our day.

In the coming days and weeks should the topic of this shooting be brought up, I will do all I can to listen closely to the concerns and fears of the children.  I will do all I can to answer the children's questions simply and honestly.  I will do all I can to assure your child that they are safe at school, and that I am there to help them stay safe.

Thank you for entrusting your child to me each day.

Mrs. D.