Contributors

Friday, November 21, 2014

November 21st Savanna

Dear Parents-

The first report cards of the year came home with your child today.  As I have told the children, this is a snapshot of where they are academically today. This snapshot has the ability to change all the time.  I have also told the kids, the most important grade, to me, on this report is their work and effort grade.  Please remember that an “S” and a “C” indicate that your child is doing work at grade level.  Overall, I am pleased with how well all the children are doing.  The blue card included in the envelope goes into further detail about the Arlington County grading policy.  Please sign and return both the blue card and the white comment sheet in the envelope on Monday, November 24th. 

As we are in the second quarter, the children and I have discussed the need to take pride in the work they are doing.  This includes always putting forth their best effort on all assignments.  I will be holding the children accountable for reading the directions carefully and to follow them throughout any assignment.  Taking the time to be sure words are spelled correctly, punctuation is correct, and work is legible and neat, are all part of this effort.   In addition, homework assignments are to be handed in on time.  If an absence occurs, the make-up work (including class-work) also needs to be completed within a couple of days of coming back to school.   

As a gentle reminder, I would also like to ask that you let me know of any changes in dismissal in a note, particularly if your child needs to leave class early.  Having information about early dismissals in the morning allows your child to get all their assignments, books and other supplies into their backpack prior to leaving.  Any help you can lend in this regard is most appreciated.  


         I hope you and your families enjoy the holiday break and the time together.  I want you all to know how thankful I am to be your child’s teacher.   Each child has touched my heart in a special and unique way. I am grateful to be part of their lives.  To all of you, thank you for sharing them with me each day.

                                                                       
Important Dates

Wednesday 11/26- Friday 11/28- Thanksgiving Break- No School
         Wednesday 12/24-Friday 1/2/15- Winter Break

         Monday 1/5/15- School Reopens